(Online Course) Public Administration for IAS Mains Exams
Paper – I
- Good Governance: concept and application;
Simon’s Decision-making Theory
- Public – Private Partnerships.
Accountability and control:
- Civil society;
- Social audit.
Comparative Public Administration:
- Ecology and administration;
- Changing profile of development administration;
- ‘Antidevelopment thesis’;
- Code of conduct;
- Administrative ethics.
- State theories and public policy.
Techniques of Administrative Improvement:
- Monetary and fiscal policies;
- Financial accountability;
Paper – II
Evolution of Indian Administration:
- Kautilya’s Arthashastra;
Philosophical and Constitutional framework of government:
- Political culture;
Public Sector Undertakings:
- Problems of autonomy, accountability and control;
Union Government and Administration:
- Cabinet Secretariat;
- Central Secretariat;
Plans and Priorities:
- ‘Indicative’ planning;
- Process of plan formulation at Union and State levels;
State Government and Administration:
- State Secretariat;
District Administration since Independence:
- Union-state- local relations;
Code of conduct and discipline;
- Civil service activism.
- Role of finance ministry in monetary and fiscal area;
- Accounting techniques;
Administrative Reforms since Independence:
- Reforms in financial management and human resource development;
- Problems of implementation.
- Rural development programmes: foci and strategies;
Urban Local Government:
- Global local debate;
- New localism;
- Politics and administration with special reference to city management.
Law and Order Administration:
- Criminalisation of politics and administration;
- Police- public relations;
- Reforms in Police.
Significant issues in Indian Administration:
- Citizen-administration interface;
Administration in Coalition Regimes
Full Material Join Public Administration Online Coaching
Buy Printed Study Kit for Public Administration for IAS Mains Exams