Paper : UPSC Medical Science Solved Paper Prelims
1. Which drug is used for treating P.carinii infection?
a) Fluconazole b) Amphotericin-B c) cotrimoxazole d) Erythromycin
2. Hypoglycemia may be aociated with which of following?
a)VIPoma b) Pheochromocytoma c) Fibrosarcoma d) Glucagonoma
3. Which one of the following is first symtom of Buerger disease?
a)Cyanosis b) Rest pain) Intermittent claudication d) Tingling and numbness
4.In which one of these radiographic signs can a diaphragmatic rupture be diagnosed if herniated stomach or bowel is constricted?
a)Collar sign b) “3″ sign c) Kehr sign d) Denusset sign
5. In a penetrating and perforating missile injury to the abdomen, if the patients vital parameters are stable and the portion of omentum is seen coming out of wound, what is the line of management?
b) Push the omentum back and suture the wound
c) Cut the omentum which is coming out and suture the wound
d) Put the omentum back into abdomen and leave the wound open
6.Lucid interval is a feature of
a)Acute intracerebral hematoma
b) Depresed fracture of skull
c)Acute subdural hematoma
d) Acute extradural hematoma
7. following are factors responsible for non union/delayed union of fractures except
a)Interposition of soft tissue between bone fragments
c)Shearing starin at fracture site
d)Insufficient blood supply
8. How is the type of fracture in which bone breaks into multiple fragments that may impact into each other or separate and become displaced called?
b) Avulsion fracture
d) Spiral fracture
9.Gastric tumour may spread via the abdominal cavity to the umbilicus presenting as umbilical nodule which is known as
a) Koch nodule
b) Sister mary joseph nodule
c) Krukenberg tumour
d) Virchow node
10.Avasular necrosis of head of femur is not seen in which of the following?
b) Intertrochantric fracture in two fragments
c)Intertrochantric fracture into multiple fragments
d) Subtrochantric fracture
Ans: Try Yourself
11.Peritonitis with air under diaphragm on erect X-ray abdomen is due to
a)Perforated duodenal ulcer
b) Perforated appendix
c)Ruptured amebic liver abscess
d) Uterine perforation
12.The following components or qualities of stored blood tend to decreae over time except:
a) Red bllod cell activity
b) potassium concentration
c) platelet activity
13. Which of the following features is not correct in case of viral hepatitis A?
a)Faeco-oral route of spread
b)Focal necrosis of liver cells
c)Two to six weeks of incubation period
d)Chronic active hepatitis
15. Consider the following:
1. Classic pathway
2. Lectin pathway
3. alternate pathway
4. Intrinsic pathway
By which of the above pathways can complement system be activated
a) 1 and 2 only
b) 3 and 4 only
c) 1,2 and 3 only
16. conider the following:
Which of the above are malignant tumours?
a) 1 and 2 only b) 3 and 4 only
c) 1,2 and 3 only d) 1,2 ,3 ,4
Ans : c
17. Consider the following:
1. Sarcoidosis 2. Foreign body 3. Syphilis 4. Amyloidosis
Whcih of the above may produce granulomatous lesion
a) 2 and 3 only b) 1 and 4 only
c) 1,2 and 3 only d) 1,2,3 and 4 only
18.Consioder the following:
1. Hepatiti B virus
2. Hepatitis C virus
3. Hepatitis E virus
4. Hepatitis G virus
Which of the above hepatitis viruses are associated with hepatocellulat carcinoma?
a) 2 and 4 only b) 1 and 3
c)2,3 and 4 d) 1 and 2
19. Presense of which of the following ingested cells is used to differentiate Entameoba histolytica from Entameba coli?
a) Erythrocytes b) Basophils
c) Leucocytes d) Lymphocytes
20. Which one of the following lesions is not observed in chronic cholecystitis?
a) Xanthogranulomatous cholecystitis b) Hydrops of gall bladder
c) Perforation of gall bladder d) Pocelain gall bladder
21. Which one of the following statements is not correct regarding pulmonary tuberculosis?
a) It is a communicable chronic granulomatous disease
b) Ghon complex is composed of a primary pulmonary lesion with asociated regional lymhnodes
c)Initial lesion of primary tuberculoisis is located at apex of lung
d) Hard tuberculous granuloma may be dificult to distinguish from granulomas of sarcoidosis