Subject: Indian Polity
Test Your Knowledge
|1. Preamble is important, due to these
1) Preamble contains the essence of the constitution –
its values & goals.
2) It has the basic features of the constitution.
3) If there is any lack of clarity in the constitution, the
judiciary turns to the preamble in its interpretation of the
4) It is a microcosm of the constitution.
|2. Consider the following
1) The Supreme Court in the Berubari case ruled that
preamble is a part of the constitution.
2) In Keshavananda Bharti case reverse the decision & ruled that
preamble is not a part of the constitution.
Answer of Question 1: D
Answer of Question 2: D
for Revision Notes Archive