(GIST OF SCIENCE REPORTER) Pan-India Legal Awareness Programme for Women
Pan-India Legal Awareness Programme for Women
- The National Commission for Women (NCW), along with National Legal Services Authority (NALSA) has launched a pan-India Legal Awareness Program for Women, “Empowerment of Women through Legal Awareness” to impart practical knowledge about legal rights.
- The programme was launched in Varanasi, Uttar Pradesh by Justice UU Lalit, Judge Supreme Court of India and Executive Chairman, NALSA, Chairperson, National Commission for Women.
- The programme aims to cover all the States and Union Territories across the country through regular sessions to make women aware of the various machineries of the justice delivery system available for redressal of their grievances.
- The project will sensitize women and girls about their rights as provided under the various laws including the Indian Penal Code.
- The project will also make them aware of the procedure of approaching and utilizing various channels available for the redressal of grievances, i.e., the Police, the Executive and the Judiciary.
CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD FULL PDF
CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD UPSC E-BOOKS
Study Material for UPSC General Studies Pre Cum Mains
Get The Gist 1 Year Subscription Online
Click Here to Download More Free Sample Material
<<Go Back To Main Page
Courtesy: Science Reporter