(THE GIST OF PIB) SMILE-75
- The Social Justice and Empowerment Ministry launched the ‘SMILE-75’ initiative for comprehensive rehabilitation of persons engaged in begging in 75 identified municipalities as a part of the celebrations of 75 years of Independence.
- The initiative is part of the Ministry’s ongoing SMILE project (Support for Marginalised Individuals for Livelihood and Enterprise) for which ₹100 crore has been allocated till 2025-2026.
- ‘Central Sector Scheme for Comprehensive Rehabilitation for Welfare of Transgender Persons’ with following components:
- Scholarships for Transgender Students for studying in IX and till post-graduation.
- Setting up of Transgender Protection in each state to monitor cases of offences.
- Composite Medical Health package in convergence with PM-JAY supporting Gender-Reaffirmation surgeries through selected hospitals.
- Skill Development and Livelihood under PM-DAKSH (scheme for skilling of marginalized persons).
- Housing facility in the form of ‘GarimaGreh to provide food, clothing, recreational facilities, skill development etc.
- E-Services (National Portal & Helpline and Advertisement).
CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD FULL PDF
CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD UPSC E-BOOKS
Study Material for UPSC General Studies Pre Cum Mains
Get The Gist 1 Year Subscription Online
Click Here to Download More Free Sample Material
<<Go Back To Main Page