(THE GIST OF PIB) Stand-off Anti-tank Missile
Stand-off Anti-tank Missile
- Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) and Indian Air Force (IAF) flight-tested the indigenously designed and developed Helicopter launched Stand-off Anti-tank (SANT) Missile from Pokhran ranges.
- The flight-test was successful in meeting all its mission objectives. The release mechanism, advanced guidance and tracking algorithms, all avionics with integrated software, performed satisfactorily and tracking systems monitored all mission events.
- The missile is equipped with a state-of-the-art MMW seeker which provides high precision strike capability from a safe distance. The weapon can neutralise targets in a range up to 10 km.
- The SANT missile has been designed and developed by Research Centre Imarat (RCI), Hyderabad in coordination with other DRDO labs and participation from industries.
- The indigenous development of various configurations for different applications with advanced technologies is a firm march towards ‘Aatmanirbharta’ in defence.
CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD FULL PDF
CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD UPSC E-BOOKS
Study Material for UPSC General Studies Pre Cum Mains
Get The Gist 1 Year Subscription Online
Click Here to Download More Free Sample Material
<<Go Back To Main Page